• 10-day Vipassana meditation course
• Simple Vegetarian Food
• Introductory course to Vipassana Meditation where the technique is taught step-by-step each day
• Set in landscaped gardens within 60 acres of bushland inhabited by kangaroos and other native animals and birds.
• The centre accommodates up to 70 students.
• Adults, Teenagers' and Children's Courses
The technique of Vipassana meditation is a practical way to achieve peace of mind and live a happy, productive life. It is learned by attending a 10-day residential course with a qualified teacher where the student is free from distractions so that the reality within can be observed. This technique helps practitioners come out of suffering; it is non-sectarian and is suitable to all people regardless of religion, gender, race or nationality.
Vipassana is a way of self-transformation through self-observation. It focuses on the deep interconnection between mind and body, which can be experienced directly by disciplined attention to the physical sensations that form the life of the body, and that continuously interconnect and condition the life of the mind. It is this observation-based, self-exploratory journey to the common root of mind and body that dissolves mental impurity, resulting in a balanced mind full of love and compassion.
All courses offered at the Vipassana Meditation Centre, Dhamma Rasmi, are conducted by assistant teachers of SN Goenka using audio and video recordings of Mr Goenka’s instructions and discourses. All ten day courses begin the evening of the arrival day and end early morning of the departure day.