• Stunning scenery of the West MacDonnell Ranges
• Optional day walks
• Artistic director Michael Herron
• Exclusive private semi-permanent Eco-camps
Art Tours – How They Work
We take you on a personal journey of discovery...where life and the traditional cultures remain relatively unspoilt, where the wildlife viewing is spectacular, where the scenery is breathtaking.These special tours reflect our fascination and love for interesting cultures and the natural world which we capture through inspirational, evocative painting.
In fact, we attract an eclectic mix of people who blend other interests with painting - the lover of wildflowers, the birder, the naturalist, the antiquities buff, the painter, the wine and food lover - the normal traveller looking to expand their horizons.
The tour is fully organised by World Expeditions, providing all of the logistics, transportation, accommodation, food.
On some days we may have a short transfer to the trail head in off road support vehicles - allowing us to select the best spots of the trail to paint.
The adventure guide and artistic leaders work together to manage the flow of the tour, the pace, the itinerary - so we can seek out the hidden gems, wait for the perfect dawn light or cockatoo at the waterhole...fully backed by the convenience, the security, and the quality of
World Expeditions tour operations.
• Attention to detail with seamless operations throughout
• Small groups and journeying to unusual and ‘off the beaten track’ places in the world
• Destinations and activities specifically chosen for their photogenic nature
• The pace and itineraries custom tailored to take maximum advantage of painting opportunities
• Travel with interesting, fun loving like minded individuals who love painting
As a result of the successful artistic expeditions, painter Michael Herron has joined with World Expeditions to offer similar expeditions to all interested artists, amateur and professional alike. Each Art Expedition will be escorted by Michael Herron, he will provide directions and assistance to artists in the field, helping them reach their artistic potential and develop their skills in the field. This is not artistic tuition, but a shared creative experience. A professional team of World Expeditions guides will provide exceptional food and camping hospitality as well as guided walks and transfers to selected scenic locations. A key benefit of these expeditions is that artists will have access to spectacular wilderness locations.