There are many benefits from taking the time out to experience a surf and yoga retreat.
- Increased fitness and stamina for surfing
- Greater ocean awareness including safety skills and oceanography
- Specialised surfing techniques to meet your ability
- Increased flexibility, strength and breath awareness through yoga
- Awareness how you respond to physical challenges both in and out of the water
- Increase in mental clarity and overall well-being
- Deeper mind-body awareness and mindfulness meditation techniques.
- The experience of a surfing with supportive group of women that builds friendships to last a lifetime
The surf is mostly sand bottom beaches with some of the best learn to surf waves you can find. For the more experienced surfers you have a selection of 6 beaches, and reefs, within a 10 km radius.
You will receive personal attention from Belinda Wehner, qualified Level 1 surf Instructor with over 20 years international coaching experience. There will be another surf instructor if the group exceeds 6 in the water or if clients require private tuition to suit their ability and the conditions. All coaches are qualified lifeguards with advanced resuscitation and first aid.
Let us know if you would like to bring your own equipment, otherwise we supply you with a top of the range soft mini Malibu and rash shirt for your protection. We suggest a lightweight wetsuit or surf top and leggings for the cooler days.
Our Surf and Yoga retreats are adapted for excited beginners taking the plunge for the first time and also the experienced surfer who wants specialised instruction to push their surfing to another level. Our main focus is gaining water time, learning about a variety of new breaks and using the support of the group and the yoga to help you achieve a new level of confidence in the ocean!
The yoga will consist of gentle morning yoga classes either on the beach at sunrise or in the studio and afternoon Yin Yoga with props.
On this retreat our focus will be on building strength and stamina in the morning to help you surf better and longer. This is primarily through a gentle gentle flow sequence especially designed to release your muscles and your nervous system, especially after surfing.
This more dynamic yoga style will also be combined with afternoon yin yoga for deep release and relaxation, allowing you to assimilate the excitement of a day at the beach. And don’t worry the yoga is adapted to accommodate both complete beginners and experienced yoginis so you will be completely supported to progress at your own level over the 4 days.